Hello my friends! I am so incredibly excited to announce my new art journaling tutorial series, which I am calling – Finish in Five!
This is how it works:
I will randomly choose 5 techniques or products, and create a journal page or spread, using ONLY those 5 techniques or products.
I have been doing this for a while, and find it really gets me inspired, and able to create an art journal page easily and pretty quickly (if that’s what I want). Sometimes I only have a few minutes to play in my art journal, and I used to waste those few minutes staring at the blank page! Not any more.
So, the idea is to take the 5 techniques/products, and let your imagination run wild! Seriously! With only 5 things to think about, just play play play! You can use the chosen 5 in as many different ways as you want. My first challenge is to use these five:
1. spray (any kind of spray – homemade, Dylusions, alcohol, water…..)
2. stencil (homemade, or other…even household items can be used as stencils!)
3. stamp (as many different stamps as you want, with any medium you wish)
4. Doodle (draw, write, scribble….)
5. tape (washi, double-sided, duck, packing…)
There you have it. Now, get out your journal, and play! My plan is to post these challenges at least once a month. I may even create more than one video and/or journal page with the SAME FIVE. You will be amazed at how different 2 pages can be, with the same five things.
And, to make my artistic life EVEN SWEETER, I have been selected as an official ART GEEK! That’s right, folks, I am a geek! lol Christy Sobolewski is the founder and president of the Art Geeks Ning group, which you can find here. It is totally FREE to join, and there are tons of FREE classes being offered by some incredibly talented instructors! So, click on over and check it out. I am offering a prize to participants of my challenge – an art journaling kit, including a handmade art journal, and some ephemera to get you started, or get you inspired to create some art journal pages.
Without further delay, here is my video:
Here is my page. And, yep, I used only FIVE products/techniques! I amaze me. lol
Products used (I am not being sponsored by any of the companies/products featured):
- Dylusions Ink Sprays and Art Journal
- Crafter’s Workshop, and Prima Stencils
- Heidi Swapp (very old, no longer available) letter masks
- Inkadinkado stamps (clock and butterfly/clock)
- Unknown text “love” stamp
- Various washi tapes
- Faber-Castell doodling pen
I hope you enjoy watching me play, and if you participate, you could win stuff! :) Thank you so much for stopping by! :)