Well, as 2010 draws to a close, I thought it would be a worthwhile exercise, personally, to review last year’s goals and set some new ones for 2011. I went back through my art journals (yes I have several!). Here’s the snapshot:
- Create Daily – I think I created MOST days
- Get fit – lose 10 lbs by Mar 1 – Check, (but put 5 back on again *sigh*)
- Start playing tennis again – Check!
- Learn Photoshop – Still learning, but making progress
- Journal Daily – Nope, but I was happy with the amount of journaling I did do
- Learn to Draw – Check!
- Take an art class – Yep! I actually took more than one!
- Exercise 3x weekly – I missed one week all year!
- Spend more time with friends and family – Check!
- Live*Love*Laugh with Intention – Still working on this one!
So, all in all, I did okay. Looking back, some of those goals were a little unrealistic. Life happens, and even though I may want to create or journal daily, I need learn how to be okay with missing a day here and there.
This year, I think I will set some specific goals, and separate them into three categories – 1. creativity, 2. health and fitness, and 3. friends and family. I have some ideas floating around in my head. We’ll see what actually happens when I try to document them in my art journal. My creative side usually takes over, and I will probably surprise myself by what I come up with. I’ll try to remember to keep blogging about it, too.
What about you? Do you set goals each year? Do you write them down? How do you keep on track? Do you find it helpful to have them written down? Personally, I think it’s impossible to achieve your goals, if you don’t have any! lol So, set some goals, blog about it, and link me up! Maybe we can encourage each other along the way.