I used the same five as I used here, to finish another art journal page.
- Dylusions journal, ink sprays, and border stamp
- Stencils and gelli printed deli paper – Christy Sobelewski
- Flowers stencil – Donna Downey Studios
- White paint pens – Sharpie, and Elmer’s Painter’s
- Black marker – Faber-Castell big brush
- Ranger paint dauber in sunshine orange
- Ranger collage glue stick
- unknown washi tape
- hand made foam stamp (bird)
This is how it works:
I will randomly choose 5 techniques or products, and create a journal page or spread, using ONLY those 5 techniques or products.
I have been doing this for a while, and find it really gets me inspired, and able to create an art journal page easily and pretty quickly (if that’s what I want). Sometimes I only have a few minutes to play in my art journal, and I used to waste those few minutes staring at the blank page! Not any more.
So, the idea is to take the 5 techniques/products, and let your imagination run wild! Seriously! With only 5 things to think about, just play play play! You can use the chosen 5 in as many different ways as you want. Here are the five products/techniques I’m using again:
1. spray (any kind of spray – homemade, Dylusions, alcohol, water…..)
2. stencil (homemade, or other…even household items can be used as stencils!)
3. stamp (as many different stamps as you want, with any medium you wish)
4. Doodle (draw, write, scribble….)
5. tape (washi, double-sided, duck, packing…)
It’s hard to believe that I used the same five for this completely different journal page!
If you would like to participate in my challenge to create your own journal page, following these guidelines, click on over to Art Geeks Art Journaling Ning group here. I am giving away an art journaling package, which will include a hand made art journal, and some ephemera.
And, here’s the video: